Pages

Monday, June 5, 2017

Short Story: Crush(ed)

Crush(ed)
By: dibaarizkia

            There she was, waiting for public car to come. As usual, she was carrying the same bright pink backpack, easily recognizable. Actually, that’s what I first noticed on her the first time I saw her. Only later did, I noticed that the owner also had a friendly face and a beautiful smile. And that got me hooked.
            It’s 7.45 AM. The public car would come soon. I really wanted to have my move before she got on the public car and then got off again. “Please help me, God! I must know her name and get her phone number today.” I whispered, trying to work up my courage.
            Well, I was just steps away from her now. I was so nervous and I didn’t know what to do. By the way, this was new for me. I haven’t had a crush when I was in high school. Now, I am a freshman at Gunadarma University, and I feel more mature and ready to have a relationship.
            She suddenly stood up and I realized that the public car was coming. I stood right behind her. When she got on the public car, I followed her to get to a seat and immediately sit next to her. And succeed!
            “Hi! Where are you going?” I asked her.
            “I’m going to Gunadarma University.” She replied immediately. Gosh, she was so friendly, ready to chat with a complete stranger.
            “What major?” I asked again.
            “English Department.” She said sweetly.
            “Which grade are you?” I asked her again, but I noticed that she looks a little bit uncomfortable.
            “Oh, I’m sorry! I haven’t introduced myself. My name is Raffa. What’s yours?” I asked while extending my hand. She smiled and took my extended hand and said, “Hi. I am Naura.” God! What a beautiful smile!
            “So do you mind telling me which grade are you?” I gave her what I believe is my most enchanting smile.
            “Second grade.” She answered a bit wary. I knew what she felt exactly. But, this is my chance to get to know her well.
            Then, I tried to ask her phone number. But…, she prepared to get off from the public car. Unfortunately, today we didn’t go to the same campus. Campus E and G. Those campuses separated us again.
            Foolishly, I didn’t ask her class. So, I couldn’t visit her on the break-time. Well, for the next time, I wouldn’t be like this again! It’s so waste the time.

            Well, today was one of my beautiful days. Even though I didn’t have her phone number, the important one was we had a quiet long conversation this beautiful morning. And I would remember her smile with “good bye, see you” words when she got off the public car, forever! I really hope we could meet again to express and tell my feeling to you, Naura! J

No comments:

Post a Comment